CAREERS AT HELLO SEVEN
We live in a world where billions of women are overworking, underearning, and burdened by financial stress.
At Hello Seven, we are determined to change this.
We help non-conforming, boundary pushers who want to make more money. We provide executive coaching that challenges societal constraints, an empowering community, and strategic, wealth-building education. The change we want to make is a more balanced distribution of the world’s economic and political power.
We will know we are successful when:
We are the standard for business training and
100% of our clients who have worked with us for 12 months have begun creating the foundations for a sustainable company, and they've increased their income by 30% or more.
We believe we should all be millionaires, and we've got exciting new projects in the works…so many that we need a hand to get them all done. And that is where you come in!
Who We Are
We exist to help women — especially women of color — earn more money and build wealth.
This means teaching women (and other marginalized people including our queer and non-binary friends) how to earn 6, multi-6, and eventually 7 figures per year. Hence our company name: Hello Seven.
We want our clients to have all the financial resources they need to feel strong and secure, to lead a rich and beautiful life, and to create positive change in the world.
WHAT DRIVES US
Our world is extremely imbalanced when it comes to men, women, and wealth.
In the US, 13% of men earn $100,000 per year and above. Only 6% of women earn that much.
This income disparity is even greater when we look at marginalized communities including Black people.
A typical white household’s net worth is 10x more than a typical Black family in the US.
These numbers are not okay. We’re tired of living in a society where white men control the vast majority of the world’s wealth and political power.
We want to create massive change—not just in our clients’ individual lives, but in the global economy. A worldwide shift and redistribution of wealth.
WHAT WE DO
We run an online network for women called We Should All Be Millionaires: The Club. We gained over 1,700 members in our first year. Membership continues to grow.
Our Club members receive training, tools, and coaching to help them increase their income and get on the path to wealth. This Club is our primary revenue stream.
We produce the Hello Seven Podcast which has 100,000 monthly listeners.
We create informative, inspiring, and highly entertaining content for 71,000 women on our founder Rachel Rodgers’ Instagram (@rachrodgersesq), 8,000 women on our company Instagram (@hello7co), and 50,000 readers through our weekly newsletter.
We also produce conferences and events, both virtually and in-person.
We currently generate $4.5 million per year in revenue, and we’re aiming for eight figures in the next few years.
Our customers are primarily women/female-identifying.
We also have a growing number of non-binary people in our community. And even a small handful of cool, open-minded men, too!
Our customer base includes:
- Small business owners earning less than $100K per year and hoping to grow.
- Small business owners earning more than $100K per year and looking to scale even higher.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs who want to launch a business one day soon.
- Women in corporate environments including managers, executives, and team leaders searching for ways to increase their income.
Words to describe the majority of our customers would be: ambitious, driven, high-achieving, purposeful, liberal, progressive, goal-oriented, determined.
Hello Seven is a virtual company which means:
- We don’t have a central office.
- We have employees based all around the world.
- We work together via Slack, email, and Zoom meetings.
- You can work from home, from a coffee shop, from a hotel pool, from anywhere with WiFi. No pants required!
Working with Hello Seven is the exact opposite of being a corporate drone stuck in a cubicle.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
For full-time employees, we offer competitive salaries plus benefits like:
- Health insurance coverage
- Retirement plans (a 401(k) contribution, on us, whether you opt in or not)
- Paid vacation time
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
We also have a profit-sharing program.
Full-time employees who’ve been with us for 90 days receive a portion of company profits, every month. This is a “bonus” in addition to your regular salary. Your monthly profit-sharing bonus increases in size the longer you stay with the company. For instance, an employee who has been with us 3 years will receive a larger percentage than someone who joined 6 month ago.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are an anti-racist business and strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We honor, celebrate, and foster diversity and inclusion on our team, in our clientele, and within our community.
We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion and abilities.
We created an Anti-Racist Small Business Pledge which guides our company decisions, and that we inspired over 2,000 other small business owners to sign and adopt, too.
We work with a leading DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) expert to continually assess what we’re doing right and what we need to improve.
Are you a great fit?
Working at Hello Seven would be a great fit for you IF:
- You want to work for a female-run, Black-owned company with a diverse team and customer base.
- You are looking for a full-time job with excellent benefits including profit-sharing.
- You are looking for a career path, not a short-term gig. Assuming it’s the right fit, you’d be eager to commit to staying with Hello Seven for 2 years or more.
- You crave meaningful work. You want to make a difference in people’s lives.
- You are someone who does what they say they’re going to do. You have impeccable follow-through. When you say, “I will deliver this project by Thursday at 3 pm EST,” you get it done. When you give your word, you mean it.
- You would love the opportunity to work from home! No commuting! No cubicle! No pants required!
- You are very familiar with Hello Seven and what we’re all about. You read our newsletter. You love the podcast. You follow us on IG. You’ve been to the webinars. You’re a fan!
If that sounds like you, we welcome you to apply for a position!
Meet the Team
We have a diverse, brilliant, creative, and (if we do say so) seriously hilarious and fun team here at Hello Seven.
Peek at our team, read bios, and get to know the people who might be your colleagues one day.
Our application and hiring process
Once you apply, you’ll get an automatic email confirming that we received your info. Thank you!
After you apply, within 2-10 business days, we will contact you to say A, B, or C.
A. “We’d like to move forward with your application to the next stage.”
B. “Thank you so much for applying. Your skills are not a fit for this position, but we wish you all the best.”
C. “Your skills may not be a fit for the position you applied for—however, we think you might be a great fit for another position instead. Would that interest you?”
Once the position you applied for has been filled, we will notify you and every other applicant, too. We won’t leave you hanging and wondering what’s going on.
With certain positions, we may offer you a 30-day trial run (you’re paid for your time) to see if we’re an ideal match. This is a chance for you to dive in and see if Hello Seven is the right fit for you, and vice versa. After 30 days, depending on how things go, we’ll either part ways or offer you a full-time position.
We love boundary-pushers, rebels, independent thinkers, and people with an entrepreneurial spirit. That being said, please don’t apply if you’re looking for a short-term gig to cover the bills while you launch your own company on the side. Please do apply if you love our mission, and you’re looking for a long-term career where you can grow and rise within the company. Thank you!