We’re hiring a Copywriter who can help us more effectively accomplish our mission as a company. That mission is to help historically and systemically marginalized people who want to make more money. We provide executive coaching that challenges societal constraints, an empowering community, and strategic, wealth-building education. The change we want to make is a more balanced distribution of the world’s economic and political power. We will know we are successful when:
- We are the standard for business training and
- 100% of our clients who have worked with us for 12 months have begun creating the foundations for a sustainable company, and they've increased their income by 30% or more.
We believe we should all be millionaires, and we've got exciting new projects in the works…so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
And that is where you come in!
We're on the hunt for a copywriter who can bring their linguistic finesse, knack for storytelling, and a commitment to crafting compelling content that resonates with our audience. You'll be stepping into our world of wordsmithing, helping us weave narratives that captivate and engage.
We're looking for someone who's not just a master of words but also a brand advocate, someone ready to dive into our tone and style, and passionately champion our message.
If you're ready to wield your pen (or keyboard) for our cause, we're excited to have someone as passionate and talented as you onboard!
Who You’ll Work With
This is a full-time role that reports directly to our Marketing Director. You’ll work closely with our teams in Programs and Marketing.
We are looking for someone who has excellent writing and proofreading skills and also has dreams of long term growth with Hello Seven. This is a remote, work-from-home position with occasional travel.
This position will also require flexibility including working some occasional evenings and weekends. We run several live events per year that may require your in-person assistance.
Who We Are
Our mission is to empower women-owned businesses, Black-owned businesses, queer-owned businesses and other entrepreneurs from communities that have been marginalized to make $1m in revenue and build wealth. Getting to $1M+ in revenue isn’t just a financial bragging point—it’s a benchmark that allows them to make a difference in their lives, their communities and the world. We do this by delivering top-notch executive coaching in the form of coaching programs, live and virtual events, a podcast, a newsletter, and online-based communities. We have a growing audience of 50,000 women entrepreneurs and are on a mission to serve as many women as possible.
How We Promote Equity, Cultivate Leaders, and Grow, Together.
“Diversity boils down to curiosity — it is the antithesis of boredom.” -Dr. Anna Powers
Hello Seven is a lot of things, but boring is not one of them. We are dedicated to a culture where everyone can show up to work as their full, authentic selves.
Diversity and inclusion doesn’t happen by accident or happenstance, it is by design. Together, we are the designers. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our business stronger—we care about including diverse perspectives and experiences throughout every level of Hello Seven. When we say, “we should all be millionaires,” we mean ALL of us. This is why we are committed to honoring, celebrating, and fostering diversity and inclusion on our team, in our clientele and within our community. Our team must reflect our community. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion and abilities.
We take responsibility for the community we are creating with Hello Seven, and we are here to contribute to the progression of our society to a more inclusive and equitable one.
What We Believe In
- We’re committed to growth mindset.
We challenge our limiting beliefs, biases, prejudices, and habits to create the world we want to live in.
- Personal responsibility is paramount.
We are brave enough to admit when we’re wrong or when we’ve made mistakes and take the initiative to correct the issue. We are here to own our individual part in all co-created messes AND miracles.
- Simplicity sustainably scales.
We seek the solution that is as easy as possible to execute AND gets the biggest result. Let it be easy and be willing to do the work that creates ease. Work hard once, then tweak and repeat.
- Momentum depends on process.
Clear process simplifies every task, and when a process doesn’t yet exist, we know creating it will move us more quickly toward our goals.
- Our success is measured by the success we create for others.
When our team members and clients are successful, so, too, are we.
- The more fun we have the more money we make. Changing the world and making money can both be joyful pursuits. We know when we’re having fun and we’re aligned as a team, creating impact and having success come easily.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations
Reports to: Marketing Director
We're looking for a skilled content writer to work with teams across the company and craft valuable content that will educate our customers and wow our prospects. Your work will have you fiddling with taglines on website pages, writing blog posts for feature announcements, putting together thought leadership posts for guest publications, sketching educational collateral, framing scripts for feature videos, building presentations to better explain features, birthday cards and so on. Your projects will be your own to run, with complete creative freedom, but your content will need to align with brand guidelines.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Write compelling, scroll-stopping copy for Hello Seven’s brand communications
(including, but not limited to: Facebook Bulletin articles, PR content requests, social media copy, web page copy, marketing slogans, company newsletters, program newsletters, press releases, employee handbooks, and outlines for all podcast recording days, including talking points, CTAs, intros, outros, and any ad spots).
- Experience writing full funnels (including sales pages, VSLs, down sell pages, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Lead Copywriter and all members of the content creation team to ensure we hit our content goals.
- Maintain a clear and consistent brand voice throughout all communications.
- Collaborate on program content, bonuses, and content needs. Carry them from idea to execution.
- Creation of weekly content as outlined by department briefs
- Optimize copy (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s experiences and behaviors
- Coordinate with internal teams to create marketing and delivery posts (e.g. for events and product releases)
- Create templates for consistent communication.
- Interpret campaign briefs to understand project requirements and copy needs.
- Edit and proofread copy as needed to ensure all communication is clear, concise, and grammatically correct.
- Keep the Google Drive and Dropbox organized and up to date with all content created to date.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with a short deadline.
We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do, but to give you an idea of your daily work here at Hello Seven.
- 3+ years experience as a copywriter or related role preferably in conversion copy.
- Solid understanding of online content and podcast content creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Experience with SEO concepts preferred
Why This Job is Awesome
Working with Hello Seven is the exact opposite of being a corporate drone stuck in a cubicle. When you work with us, you’ll get:
- Experience in a fast-growing company where things change daily, new ideas come to life in a matter of weeks and everybody is fully invested, every single day.
- The chance to stretch professionally. If there is a skillset or topic you’re interested in, this is the place to learn and challenge yourself.
- Your voice is heard! Every one of our team members has the chance to give input, create value and make a big impact on the future of our company.
- A team behind you that is cheerleading you, supporting you, guiding you and championing you.
- Do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool…
- We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
If you’ve read through this description and you think this may be the right fit for you – now it’s time to take action and apply!
We’re accepting applications (keep in mind we will begin interviewing potential candidates immediately so we highly recommend applying as soon as possible).