We Should All Be Millionaires:
A Woman’s Guide To Earning More, Building Wealth, and Gaining Economic Power
In bookstores worldwide, changing women’s lives and bank accounts.
A personal note from the author, Rachel Rodgers
I want you to have more money than you’ve ever had before.
Because when you have more money, you have more options in life.
The option to buy a beautiful home. The option to send your kids to the best schools.
The option to own a Chanel bag (if you want to!), fly first class (let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to?), become a philanthropist, or anything else you want to do.
More money = more options. And I want you to have unlimited options in life.
I want you to know what it feels like to have seven zeroes in your bank account and hold serious financial power.
I want you to become a millionaire.
And I wrote this book to help you get started.
It’s time to say “goodbye” to money stress and start making bank, so you can become the wealthy badass you’ve always wanted to be.
You deserve more.
As a woman, a Black person, a person of color, a queer person, or as a member of any systemically marginalized groups.
You deserve more opportunities, more open doors, and more money.
I’m here to help you generate wealth — the kind of wealth your ancestors have never seen.
And I’m not talking about a few piddly deposits.
I’m talking about serious money.
Money to live as big as you want to live.
Money for the people you love and the causes you care about.
I HAVE ONE MISSION:
To help you build wealth.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie says, “We should all be feminists.”
I agree 100%. But I wanna take it one step further.
I say, We Should All Be Millionaires.
And it starts with you.
It's time to get that coin.
We live in a world that is severely imbalanced when it comes to women and money.
On the whole, women earn less than men, we pay more for our debt than men, we’re less likely to invest than men, and we’re 80% more likely to be impoverished in retirement.
And the wealth gap only widens for Black women, women of color, LGBTQIA+ women, disabled women, women who are not thin, women who grew up low-income, and all women with intersecting inequalities.
All the systemic disadvantages in our lives affect our ability to build wealth.
Not having enough money leaves so many of us with little financial power, feeling financially and emotionally broke, trapped in shitty relationships, buried in debt, unable to save adequately for retirement, and limited in so many ways.
This is unjust and imbalanced. This needs to change.
It’s time for women — and all marginalized people — to make more money.
Data shows that women use their wealth to strengthen their communities in a way that men, historically, do not.
When women have more money and more power, education improves. Companies improve. Agricultural output improves. The GDP improves. Charities get funded. People get fed.
I believe this to be true not just of women, but of all those facing systemic disadvantages. When marginalized populations become wealthier, EVERYONE wins.
So it’s time for us to get that coin.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
I want more women to build serious wealth, so together we can tip the balance of the world’s economic and political power.
I want YOU to have a strong financial voice in this world.
No matter your background, no matter what systemic injustices are stacked against you, you can make more money.
You deserve to make more money.
And you know what? If this world is gonna become a better place, you NEED to make more money.
That is why I wrote this book.
I will show you how to stop shrinking and start expanding, so you can:
- Make more money.
- Understand what an unjust, unequal system has been keeping from you, and how YOU can make a difference.
- Shift your mindset to support your tactical wealth building strategies.
- Experience what it feels like to wield serious economic power.
- Use your wealth to upgrade your quality of life, take care of the people you love, leave a legacy for your children, and improve the world.
- Gain more prosperity, peace, power, and joy.
- Feel like a flourishing, wealthy badass who is completely unstoppable.
Here’s what you’ll find inside the book:
- Why you’ve struggled to build wealth in the past…and no, it’s not because of your daily latte habit!
- Why it’s absolutely possible to become financially secure even if right now you have a 400 credit score, crushing debt, and your financial life is a hot mess.
- Strategies to increase your income, right now, no matter your current profession, and no matter what’s going on in the economy.
- How to start making million dollar decisions—decisions that bring you prosperity, peace, joy, wealth in all forms.
- The crucial ingredients you need if you are serious about becoming a millionaire: including your million-dollar vision, million-dollar squad, million-dollar marketing plan, and more.
- A step-by-step plan to bring you from “here” to “earning 7 figures” within 3 years. (Whether you’re aiming for 7 figures or not, this plan will get you earning more than before!)
- An eye-opening history lesson on how women (all women, and especially women of color) have been shut out of the ability to build wealth. And how we can fix this.
- Why earning more money, as a woman, is not “selfish” or “greedy” but in fact, a revolutionary act that brings the economy into balance and creates a better world for all.
WE SHOULD ALL BE MILLIONAIRES
This book is filled with clear, step-by-step guidelines, templates, and exercises, so you can actually make money moves instead of just reading about them.
In We Should All Be Millionaires, you’ll find:
- A step-by-step framework for making Million Dollar Decisions (the opposite of Broke Ass Decisions, aka B.A.D.).
- Instructions on how to do the thought work necessary to reframe negative, broke ass thinking into positive, million dollar thinking.
- Guidelines to start setting and enforcing Million Dollar Boundaries in every aspect of your life.
- A formula to calculate your Effective Hourly Rate, and understand how seriously you’ve been undervaluing your time.
- A guide and re-usable copy to start building your Million Dollar Squad, so you can fill your life with people who consistently bring you wealth, energy, power, peace, and joy.
- A step-by-step plan to detox your environment and live like a millionaire (even if you ain’t one — yet!).
- A checklist that will help you envision the kind of woman you want to become and start to Be Her Now.
- Clear instructions to figure out your Million Dollar Value and understand where your strengths (and weaknesses) lie, so you can make millions off of what you naturally do best.
- A formula to raise your prices, whether you’re a business owner or an employee.
- A job description and hiring process so you can hire your first personal assistant, and to-do lists so you can use their time wisely as soon as they’re hired.
- Scripts to discuss hiring household help with your spouse or whoever you live with, so you can build a Million Dollar Team and buy back your time.
- Exercises you can work through to become grateful for what your debt has given you, and let go of all that financial shame.
- An easy-to-use Guide to my money management system, and instructions on how to spend time proactively reviewing your money every single week.
- The exact formula, templates, and checklists that I give my clients to make $10,000 in 10 days.
GET AN EXCLUSIVE BONUS WITH YOUR AUDIOBOOK
We Should All Be Millionaires, the audiobook, includes a Daily Seven Habits Guide that can’t be found in the printed version!
In this exclusive bonus, I break down The Daily 7 Habits that you need to adopt if you wanna start thinking and acting like a millionaire, and give you a sneak peek into how I coach clients to implement those key habits in their everyday lives.
What are The Daily 7 Habits, you ask?
They are 7 Million-Dollar Decisions you can make immediately and consistently, on the daily, regardless of your current profession, life situation or income level.
You’re working part time, struggling financially, and pregnant with your next kid? You can do these 7 things every day.
You’re going through a messy divorce and trying to finish grad school and you have zero spare time? These 7 habits are for you.
You’re running a company that’s generating good money and overall you feel pretty great? Start doing these 7 things everyday day to see major growth.
No matter who you are or where you’re at, the Daily 7 can make a major difference in your life and your bank account — order your audiobook to find out how.
Yes, you can be a millionaire too, boo.
Maybe you think growing a million dollar company sounds amazing, but not actually possible. That it’s something other people get to do, you know, the white boys with Harvard MBAs, Silicon Valley Funding, and high rise office space.
And while it’s true that we live in a society filled with unfair advantages for some and appalling disadvantages for many, here’s the thing.
ANYONE can build real, sustainable, legacy-creating wealth.
I know this because I did it.
I went from growing up low-income to glowing up as a self-made millionaire, and I want to show you how you can do it too.
“But I’m terrible with money. I can’t become wealthy. This is possible for other people, but not for me.”
First off, no one is inherently good or bad with money. You aren’t born with an abacus attached to your hand or the natural ability to work a financial spreadsheet. Being “good with money” is an acquired skill. You can learn how to manage your money, make financial decisions, and take calculated risks.
This is not to mention that you’re constantly battered with media messages telling you women are financially incompetent. You're not bad with money. You live in a society that is determined to make you think that you are. Don’t believe the hype: there are countless studies showing that women are actually better at investing than men.
And if that doesn’t convince you, maybe this will: Madam C.J. Walker became America’s first female millionaire back in 1906. She was born to slaves. She was poor. She was Black. All the odds were stacked against her. If she could do it then, you can absolutely do it now.
I can’t wait to help you get started.
7 REASONS TO REACH 7 FIGURES
In the book you’ll find 100 reasons to become a millionaire.
Here’s a sneak peek at the list, straight from clients of mine who are each on their own journey to seven figures.
I want to become a millionaire…
- To be the example for the next woman who doesn’t think she is worthy of making a million dollars. —Katie Collins
- Because no one should wake up every day feeling like they have to survive. —Telanna Swan-Jeffers
- To truly be free and do what you love. —Angela Matthews
- To pay for my daughter’s college education in cash! —Brenda Lomeli
- To change the narrative and raise the expectation of Black and brown girls around the world! —Michelda Johnson
- Because my parents sacrificed everything they had so I could have the chance to become everything I dream of. —Mary Grace Sandoval
- Because I am worthy. —Carli Jo
The revolution starts with you.
It starts with you, one woman, making one decision.
A decision that sounds like this:
“I am determined to earn more money than ever before. I will make history. I will break the cycle. I will be the first in my family to become a millionaire. My very existence will change my community and the world.”
I want you to get a piece of paper and fill in the blank:
“I want to earn more money because ________________.”
Make a list of your reasons. Read it back to yourself. Let the words motivate you to take the next step on your journey to financial power.
There are so many reasons to make more money and build wealth.
Maybe you want to lead a revolution and change the word.
Or maybe your reasons are more personal—it’s about your home, your kids, paying for travel or education, or retiring in comfort.
Whatever your reasons may be, they are valid.
Let these reasons motivate you to take decisive action and move forward.
WHY YOU NEED TO
READ THIS BOOK
“Should” is the clue to understanding this vigorous book. Part fiery, motivational activism, part money mindset, part tender confessional, part social history: every woman should read it. Rachel shows how not to fear money, how to make more money and that making money is a social duty that enhances our freedom and economies.
Rachel Rodgers is on a mission to help entrepreneurs make more money. She envisions a world where men and women have equal financial power and access to all the options that financial freedom affords. In this must-read book, Rachel breaks down how to build wealth regardless of where you are starting. With clear direction and practical insights, she teaches you how to increase your income while maintaining strong relationships and healthy habits. Equal parts inspirational and revolutionary, this book will not only change the reader's life but will also ripple across the globe and impact generations to come.
Women deserve the economic power and equality that comes with wealth, and we all have it in us to be millionaires. We Should All Be Millionaires details a realistic, achievable, step-by-step path to become a millionaire within the next three years… I highly recommend reading this book.
I love how she is teaching how to make million dollar decisions and how to increase your money now. The 10k in 10 days challenge she includes in her book boosts your ability to earn more no matter what your goal amount in 10 days is… The book has actionable steps to achieve your goals. I purchased multiple copies to give out to family, friends and my community.
This gem is such an eye-opener and so chock full of practical and useful advice, I believe it's impossible to fail if you follow the pearls sprinkled throughout. I have read A LOT of books in this genre but this is the first one I felt I could actually relate to. Written by a woman for other women, it makes you feel like you can take on the world. I pre-ordered the Kindle version and enjoyed the information it contained so much that I'm ordering the hard copy so I can highlight and make notes in it. The success steps outlined by the author are easy to put into action, are not overwhelming and follow a natural progression. If you take action and believe in yourself, you WILL succeed. Thank you Rachel for writing a brilliant book that will be the kick in the pants many of us need.
If there is ONE book that I would tell my daughter to read when she’s older, this is the one I would start with. Rachel Rogers is no-nonsense with a badass sense of humour and a desire to get you to do one thing: make a crap-load more money! She illustrates the struggle women have faced in getting ahead in life and lays it all out why the advice given by men just doesn’t work for us. You will LOVE the 11th chapter especially because she offers a challenge that will kick your butt into proving you can do anything.
I will be coming back to this book multiple times whenever I need to remind myself that I can and I will be a millionaire.
Thank you, Rachel, for paving the way for us and writing a truly revolutionary book at a time we need it most.
If you think you're not “good with money”, this book is for you. If you think you can't be a millionaire or make more than a set amount, this book is for you. If you think (or hope) someone else will take care of you and support you financially all your life, this book is for you. If you own a business, this book is for you. If you are an employee, this book is for you. If you are unemployed, underemployed or somewhere in between, this book is for you. If you think you're doing “okay” with money, this book is for you. If you are a woman of color, a white woman, an LBGTQ+, or anyone who feels marginalized especially around money, this book is for you.
I will be sharing this book with my adult daughters, my friends and every person I care about and want to see make more money. Women who make money help their communities in the most amazing ways. You owe it to yourself to invest a little money and a little time in this book which can have such a significant impact on you, your family, your community and the world.
We Should All Be Millionaires is a war cry for women and young ladies to rise up and take ownership over their futures… it’s not just about the money, it's about living an extraordinary, amazing life. Setting boundaries, relishing broke ass decisions and getting the support we need to thrive.
I bought this book for me and then purchased six more copies after reading it for my Sister friends and daughters. It’s time that we execute on our brilliant ideas, ask for more and show up as the badass women we are.
About the Author
Rachel Rodgers is an intellectual property attorney, business coach, and published author. Rodgers started her career working for state and federal judges, nonprofits, and even Hillary Clinton.
Today she’s the owner of a multi-million dollar business, mother of four, and visionary featured in publications like Time, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, The Washington Post, and on hit programs like The Drew Barrymore Show. She is the founder of Hello Seven, a company dedicated to helping systemically marginalized people make more money.
Her nationally bestselling book, We Should All Be Millionaires: A Woman’s Guide To Earning More, Building Wealth, And Gaining Economic Power, is a powerful guide to creating abundance in your life. Rodgers shares how she went from growing up low-income to glowing up as a self-made millionaire, and how you can do it too.