We’re hiring a Podcast Editor who can help us more effectively accomplish our mission as a company. That mission is to help historically and systemically marginalized people who want to make more money. We provide executive coaching that challenges societal constraints, an empowering community, and strategic, wealth-building education. The change we want to make is a more balanced distribution of the world’s economic and political power. We will know we are successful when:
- We are the standard for business training and
- 100% of our clients who have worked with us for 12 months have begun creating the foundations for a sustainable company, and they've increased their income by 30% or more.
We believe we should all be millionaires, and we've got exciting new projects in the works…so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
And that is where you come in!
We're in search of a podcast editor who can bring their audio wizardry, meticulous attention to detail, and a deep passion for elevating our content to the next level. You'll be diving into the world of audio editing, working your magic to make our episodes sound flawless and captivating.
How can you help us create an auditory experience that keeps our audience tuned in? We have remarkable stories and discussions waiting to be heard, but we need the editing finesse to make them shine. Can you transform raw recordings into polished episodes that leave our listeners eager for more?
We need someone who is not just an editor but also a podcast enthusiast, ready to immerse themselves in our show's unique style and tone and bring it to life through sound.
Who You’ll Work With
This is a full time role that reports directly to our Marketing Director. You’ll work closely with our teams in Marketing and Programs.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for podcasting, storytelling, and audio production, flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and also has dreams of long term growth with Hello Seven. This is a remote, work-from-home position with occasional travel.
This position will also require flexibility including working some occasional evenings and weekends. We run several live events per year that may require your in-person assistance.
Who We Are
Our mission is to empower women-owned businesses, Black-owned businesses, queer-owned businesses and other entrepreneurs from communities that have been marginalized to make $1m in revenue and build wealth. Getting to $1M+ in revenue isn’t just a financial bragging point—it’s a benchmark that allows them to make a difference in their lives, their communities and the world. We do this by delivering top-notch executive coaching in the form of coaching programs, live and virtual events, a podcast, a newsletter, and online-based communities. We have a growing audience of 50,000 women entrepreneurs and are on a mission to serve as many women as possible.
How We Promote Equity, Cultivate Leaders, and Grow, Together.
“Diversity boils down to curiosity — it is the antithesis of boredom.” -Dr. Anna Powers
Hello Seven is a lot of things, but boring is not one of them. We are dedicated to a culture where everyone can show up to work as their full, authentic selves.
Diversity and inclusion doesn’t happen by accident or happenstance, it is by design. Together, we are the designers. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our business stronger—we care about including diverse perspectives and experiences throughout every level of Hello Seven. When we say, “we should all be millionaires,” we mean ALL of us. This is why we are committed to honoring, celebrating, and fostering diversity and inclusion on our team, in our clientele and within our community. Our team must reflect our community. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion and abilities.
We take responsibility for the community we are creating with Hello Seven, and we are here to contribute to the progression of our society to a more inclusive and equitable one.
What We Believe In
- We’re committed to growth mindset.
We challenge our limiting beliefs, biases, prejudices, and habits to create the world we want to live in.
- Personal responsibility is paramount.
We are brave enough to admit when we’re wrong or when we’ve made mistakes and take the initiative to correct the issue. We are here to own our individual part in all co-created messes AND miracles.
- Simplicity sustainably scales.
We seek the solution that is as easy as possible to execute AND gets the biggest result. Let it be easy and be willing to do the work that creates ease. Work hard once, then tweak and repeat.
- Momentum depends on process.
Clear process simplifies every task, and when a process doesn’t yet exist, we know creating it will move us more quickly toward our goals.
- Our success is measured by the success we create for others.
When our team members and clients are successful, so, too, are we.
- The more fun we have the more money we make. Changing the world and making money can both be joyful pursuits. We know when we’re having fun and we’re aligned as a team, creating impact and having success come easily.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations
Position: Podcast Editor
Reports to: Marketing Director
As a Podcast Editor at Hello Seven, you will be responsible for meticulously editing and enhancing audio content to deliver a seamless and exceptional listening experience to our audience.You will play a crucial role in shaping the audio content that defines our brand to ensure that our podcasts meet the highest standards of audio quality, storytelling, and engagement.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Edit and assemble raw audio recordings, including interviews, host narration, and sound effects, to create well-paced, coherent, and captivating podcast episodes.
- Enhance audio quality through noise reduction, equalization, compression, and other audio processing techniques.
- Collaborate with content creators to ensure that the podcast content aligns with the company's vision and style.
- Mix and master audio to achieve optimal balance, volume, and clarity.
- Incorporate music and sound effects to enhance storytelling and engagement.
- Manage and organize audio files and assets efficiently.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in podcast editing and production.
- Assist in troubleshooting technical issues related to audio equipment and software.
- Maintain high standards of audio quality, consistency, and creativity across all podcast episodes.
- Meet deadlines consistently and work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do, but to give you an idea of your daily work here at Hello Seven.
- Proven experience in audio editing, preferably in podcast production or related fields.
- Proficiency in audio editing software such as Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, or similar.
- Strong understanding of audio production techniques, including EQ, compression, and noise reduction.
- Excellent storytelling skills with an understanding of pacing, tone, and narrative structure.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with content creators, producers, and other team members.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- A passion for podcasting, storytelling, and audio production.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of podcasting platforms and distribution is a plus.
Why This Job is Awesome
Working with Hello Seven is the exact opposite of being a corporate drone stuck in a cubicle. When you work with us, you’ll get:
- Experience in a fast-growing company where things change daily, new ideas come to life in a matter of weeks and everybody is fully invested, every single day.
- The chance to stretch professionally. If there is a skillset or topic you’re interested in, this is the place to learn and challenge yourself.
- Your voice is heard! Every one of our team members has the chance to give input, create value and make a big impact on the future of our company.
- A team behind you that is cheerleading you, supporting you, guiding you and championing you.
- Do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool…
- We offer a competitive base salary package including:
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
If you’ve read through this description and you think this may be the right fit for you – now it’s time to take action and apply!
We’re accepting applications (keep in mind we will begin interviewing potential candidates immediately so we highly recommend applying as soon as possible).