We live in an era of fast.
Get from A to Z … faster.
Make more money … faster.
Hire, fire, promote, compound, invest, make waves—all faster (and better).
This need for speed is doing you a disservice.
If you want big results, you don’t need to try to go faster. If fast is your intent, you’ll likely burn out—fast. When your intent is to be systematic, focused, and efficient—that’s when you’ll go fast. That’s why my team and I repeat the mantra “slow is smooth, and smooth is fast” to ourselves and each other—over and over.
Say it with me: slow is smooth… and smooth? It’s fast. It’s the difference between slicing through some clear water with ease and intent and paddling furiously, splashing water everywhere and tipping your boat over.
The Harvard Business Review and Economist Intelligence unit paired up to research the effects of the “slow is smooth, and smooth is fast” concept on 343 businesses. What they found seems paradoxical: the companies that went after speed—go, go, going to try to get ahead—ended up with lower sales and profits than those companies who were incredibly intentional— pausing to check in with their goals, initiatives, and bottom lines. The companies that embraced “slow is smooth, and smooth is fast” experienced 40% higher sales and 52% higher profits (over the course of three years).
I don’t know about you, but that sounds both easier and way more enjoyable than trying to go hard and fast—all while producing bigger results.
I can attest to this personally. “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast” is a mantra that’s long been shared with me by various advisors, and it took me a while to truly embrace it. As the Hello Seven team grew, I learned that this need for smooth takes precedence over taking quick action. When I was my only employee, I called all the shots, and I called them quickly. The only one who had to deal with the repercussions of my actions was… me. And I did move incredibly quickly and I didn’t mind. I made lotsa #moneymoves, and as a result, I had limited success.
Where Hello Seven really got its footing and began to gain higher sales and profit margins was when I invested in a year long mastermind to sustainably scale my business beyond “limited success.” Part of that growth included bringing on team members and becoming more and more intentional about what we could take on, what was realistic to take on without overwhelming my team, and what was measurable.
This is why we prefer working with business owners and professionals in longer term relationships—one where we can provide immediate wins and strategies for upfront money moves, and also teach a process and strategies for intentional growth.
Intentional growth looks like…
- Choosing ONE product or service to focus on selling . The MDB model teaches our clients to focus on only ONE flagship offer from which 80% of revenue comes in. The remaining 20% should come from a supporting product. When our clients come in, we help them decide what they should focus on rather than selling ALL THE THINGS.
- Getting systematization in place for your business. You cannot do it all. You can’t be your CEO, COO, CFO, human resources, accounting department, and also deliver the product or service that’s bringing in your business. (Or at least, you can’t do it well.) You need systems in place that work together to help you achieve your goals. The MDB roadmap helps you establish the foundation to a successful scale, in a systematized way—which allows your revenue and impact to compound.
- Taking the time to train and educate yourself (and your team). Assuredly you know a lot. You’ve taken courses, have certifications, degrees, and a whole host of experience to back up your expertise. But you deserve the support, knowledge, and learning that comes from someone who has achieved what you want for your business—and has the system and intellectual property to teach it to you. Yes, you, even you, deserve training to get to your objectives.
If you’re constantly switching what it is your selling or who it is you’re selling to…
Or you’re offering a million different things to make the revenue roll in.
If you’re tired of unreliable revenue (and schemey “get rich quick” coaches)… and you need a system to help you reign in the various tasks you have to do on a day-to-day basis…
I feel you. You deserve intentional growth and a smooth ascent to your goals.
So what’s it gonna be? Intentional growth or splashing around in the deep end without any floaties?
P.S. Ready to get serious about your business goals and create a strategic plan to get there (and then implement it with us)? I’ve got good news! Enrollment is open for our 9-month coaching program that will teach you how to create a profitable business model that has the ability to scale to 7-figures. The Hello Seven Incubator begins soon, and there are a few spots remaining. Apply here, and secure your spot before enrollment closes![ssba-buttons]