One of the assumptions that’s come from digital businesses taking over the world (which, BTW, I’m mad excited about) is that there’s no point, ever, to in-person interactions.
Mentoring, networking, strategy, coaching, business development – if it can all be done over Skype, why bother with the hassle and expense of meeting in person?
[vimeo width=”800″ height=”600″]https://vimeo.com/242956010[/vimeo]
- 70% of my revenue is directly attributable to connections I’ve made in person.
- Every time I host an event, dozens of women come up to me and say that it’s totally shifted their perspective, changed their business plan, went from half-ass to fully committed. If we evaluate ROI of live interactions on good karma alone, you’ll never find a better investment.
- Every time I attend a mastermind or retreat, my business grows exponentially. Not just from people I’ve met, but also from the learnings I get and the level of inspiration and motivation that comes out of it.
- I once introduced a friend to another friend at a cocktail party and like fifteen seconds later, a $10,000 deal was made. Those people had both been in my circle for years, and it never occurred to me to connect them until they were right in front of my face.
- Before I meet somebody, I might like working with them or talking with them. After I meet them, I like them. My interest in helping them succeed and deepening our relationship is that much stronger.
At the end of September, I hosted 80 women (and 3 men) in North Carolina for Multiply Live, a retreat and incubator to help attendees make another $100K by the end of the year. Pretty badass, right?
Well, before the event, I was honestly on the fence. At one point, I full on regretted having committed to it. I have a lot on my plate this year and events are expensive and require a big time commitment. Internally, I was doubting that it would be worth it.
But holy shit, was I wrong.
Multiply Live 2017 was everything I imagined and so much more.
- Three days and three nights on a beautiful farm in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- An amazing array of industries, levels and skillsets in one room. We had dancers and lawyers and designers and folks from the UK and several who drove for two days to get there.
- We led attendees through every aspect of a six-figure business, from crafting an identity to harnessing their intellectual property to implementing a marketing strategy.
- The amazing Broadway performer, Robert Hartwell, brought down the house with his workshop on presence. The always inspiring Alexandra Franzen taught us how to grab the attention of potential customers by crafting compelling stories. And the so-damn-funny Susan Hyatt showed us how to be ALL IN.
Afterwards, attendees said:
When you’re mapping out your 2018 schedule, think about where you need to be to get the connections, the inspiration and the direction to grow your business. This could be the year you meet the people that will change everything for you.
P.S. There is still time to apply for a spot in my Million Dollar Badass mastermind and get a ticket for the January retreat. It’s going to be three days in New Orleans where we will play hard, work hard, and map out your million dollar business plan. If you want 2018 to be an epic year, this is where you need to be.