OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
We’re hiring an Operations Executive Assistant who can help us more effectively accomplish our mission as a company. That mission is to help non-conforming, boundary pushers who want to make more money and are committed to personal development so they can make a positive change in the world. We help them by providing executive coaching that pushes limits and challenges societal constraints, an empowering community, and strategic, wealth-building content. The change we want to make is a more balanced distribution of the world’s economic and political power. We will know we are successful when:
- 100% of our clients increase their income by 30% or more by working with us, and
- We have created a network of rich women who together effect societal change.
We believe we should all be millionaires, and we've got exciting new projects in the works…so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
And that is where you come in!
We need you to bring your organizational savvy, attention to detail, and both experience with and commitment to nurturing and supporting a high level director. We need you to step into the processes and systems we’ve created to manage our Director of Operations calendar, logistics, travel, and inbox and bring your own genius. How can you help make her life easier, protect her time, and reduce the fluff from her to do list? Can you keep unnecessary items off her plate, prioritize her to do list, and turn tactical assignments into documented processes that can be handed off? We want someone who’s available, highly skilled, and passionate about supporting our DOO.
Who You’ll Work With
This is a full time role that reports directly to our Director of Operations. You’ll work with all of our talented teams in Operations, Delivery, and Programs and will work very closely with our Operations Assistant.
We are looking for someone who has experience as a high level executive assistant and also has dreams of long term growth with Hello Seven.
Who We Are
Our mission is to empower women-owned businesses, Black-owned businesses, queer-owned businesses and other entrepreneurs from communities that have been margialized to make $1m in revenue and build wealth. Getting to $1M+ in revenue isn’t just a financial bragging point—it’s a benchmark that allows them to make a difference in their lives, their communities and the world. We do this by delivering top-notch executive coaching in the form of coaching programs, live and virtual events, a podcast, a newsletter, and online-based communities. We have a growing audience of 50,000 women entrepreneurs and are on a mission to serve as many women as possible.
How We Promote Equity, Cultivate Leaders, and Grow, Together.
Diversity boils down to curiosity — it is the antithesis of boredom.
Dr. Anna Powers
Hello Seven is a lot of things, but boring is not one of them. We are dedicated to a culture where everyone can show up to work as their full, authentic selves.
Diversity and inclusion doesn’t happen by accident or happenstance, it is by design. Together, we are the designers. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our business stronger—we care about including diverse perspectives and experiences throughout every level of Hello Seven. When we say, “we should all be millionaires,” we mean ALL of us. This is why we are committed to honoring, celebrating, and fostering diversity and inclusion on our team, in our clientele and within our community. Our team must reflect our community. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion and abilities.
We take responsibility for the community we are creating with Hello Seven, and we are here to contribute to the progression of our society to a more inclusive and equitable one.
What We Believe In
Personal responsibility is paramount.
We are committed to radical personal responsibility, which is a courageous, vulnerable practice. It’s a journey, not a destination. That means we grow brave enough to admit when we’re wrong or when we’ve made mistakes and take the initiative to correct the process. It also means we’re loud and proud about our accomplishments and contributions and don’t downplay them. You are here to own your part in all co-created messes AND miracles.
Assume positive intent.
We deliver brilliance and hire brilliant people to serve our customers and our team. We are also full humans, with kids, lives, messiness, and other things going on that can sometimes impact how we show up. We assume the best of each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt, identify the situational details, and get the bigger picture to find a way forward.
Honor thy customer and thyself.
Our customers have entrusted us with their big dreams, and we honor that trust by providing the very best customer experience possible. We keep the mission at the forefront by providing the experience, tools, and content that will provide the transformation our mission promises, and by holding our customers accountable and challenging them. We know that in order to show up in 100% customer commitment, we must be 100% committed to self and team honoring boundaries that allow us to show up as our best selves.
Do epic shit.
We're a team of doers, and we have a big vision and vital mission. We see obstacles as opportunities for innovation, and we are committed to doing what it takes to make things happen. It’s not about muscling through and burning ourselves out; rather, we co-create systems and solutions that support our goals and work towards our highest selves.
If you’re not growing you’re dying.
We are committed to constantly improving and innovating. We refuse to stay stagnant and are always coming up with new, outside-the-box ideas that will blow our customers away and take our company to the next level. We value and nurture creativity in our team to create workable plans that we adjust, as needed, in order to accomplish our big dreams. On an individual level, we encourage growth in each team member. We are each leaders who are here to evolve into bigger, more impactful versions of ourselves.
Werk your strengths.
We keep our individual strengths at the forefront because we understand that our unique strengths are integral to the success of the team as a whole. We work smart, we have fun, and we get paid for it!
Laughter is mandatory.
We work hard and we play hard and we share a lot of laughs along the way. If you’re not having fun, what is the point? We’re a family, and having an environment where you can be yourself, come as you are to work as your FULL self, and have a good time is one of the many things we pride ourselves on.
The future is equitable.
We believe that economic equity is key to improving our greater society. We’re dedicated to helping people whose path to influence, power, and wealth has been made more difficult by prejudice and systemic inequality. We are on a mission —both with our team members and our clients—to empower these people by teaching them how to think differently, maximize their resources, and expand their reach as they build their bank accounts.
Resting is a form of resistance.
We are humans, not machines, operating within systems meant to oppress us on varying levels, and those systems create a sense of urgency and compel us to do things perfectly. This sense of urgency and planning without realistic working plans leads to burnout and a reduction in joy and efficiency. We work hard, and we rest to restore. We cannot give from an empty well. When we need rest, we claim it, shamelessly.
The Operations Executive Assistant will be the essential support for our Director of Operations, protecting her time, energy, and efforts by creating transparency and efficiency in processes like communication organization, travel planning, email correspondence, and calendar management.
- Assemble data/reports for the DOO to review on a weekly basis.
- Organize/monitor emails for DOO in HelpScout and her personal Gmail.
- Handling calls and voicemail.
- Creating a system for addressing important emails and what needs additional support.
- Creating efficiencies in managing and storing emails and addressing important items.
- Booking travel as needed and documenting travel preferences (ex. Hotels, seat preference, traveler number, rental car).
- Managing the DOO’s calendar (including making sure all associated zoom links, scripts and technology are prepped).
- Scheduling appointments.
- Proofing the calendar weekly (verifying appointments, verifying time, checking links,etc.).
- Protecting the calendar and creating efficiencies and processes around how to schedule and why, to ensure the DOO is spending her best use of time.
- Ordering gifts/flowers.
- Making purchases.
- Researching/fact-checking for the DOO.
- Attending calls with DOO, taking notes, and determining action items from calls.
- Identifying items to take over from DOO
- Acting as a sounding board for the DOO.
- The Director of Operations feels supported—she knows when to be where, what she needs to do in order to be successful, and is never overscheduled.
- The team has a consistent and predictable experience with the DOO, and the DOO with the team.
- Dramatically decrease calendar cancellations that are caused by process or follow up issues.
As we’re looking for an ideal fit, our new Operations Executive Assistant will likely possess what we’ve listed below:
- At least two years of experience as an executive assistant
- High-level communication skills
- Emotionally self-regulate even during times of pressure and stress to be present for the team and the DOO.
- Ability to set goals and develop achievable timelines to hit them.
- Highly developed self-awareness and leadership skills.
- You don’t have a problem handling personal tasks.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Computer proficiency.
- Delivers well ahead of deadlines.
- A quiet home work environment, including:
- A computer
- Cell phone
- High-speed internet
- Flexibility including working some occasional evenings and weekends. We run several live events per year that may require your assistance.
Why This Job is Awesome
Working with Hello Seven is the exact opposite of being a corporate drone stuck in a cubicle. When you work with us, you’ll get:
- Experience in a fast-growing company where things change daily, new ideas come to life in a matter of weeks and everybody is fully invested, every single day.
- The chance to stretch professionally. If there is a skillset or topic you’re interested in, this is the place to learn and challenge yourself.
- Your voice heard! Every one of our team members has the chance to give input, create value and make a big impact on the future of our company.
- A team behind you that is cheerleading you, supporting you, guiding you and championing you.
- Do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool…
- We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
If you’ve read through this description and you think this may be the right fit for you – now it’s time to take action and apply!
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please visit the Operations Executive Assistant application to apply.
We’re accepting applications through December 31st, 2020 (keep in mind we will begin interviewing potential candidates immediately so we highly recommend applying as soon as possible).