We’re hiring a Marketing Director who can help us more effectively accomplish our mission as a company. That mission is to help historically and systemically marginalized people who want to make more money. We provide executive coaching that challenges societal constraints, an empowering community, and strategic, wealth-building education. The change we want to make is a more balanced distribution of the world’s economic and political power. We will know we are successful when:
- We are the standard for business training and
- 100% of our clients who have worked with us for 12 months have begun creating the foundations for a sustainable company, and they've increased their income by 30% or more.
We believe we should all be millionaires, and we've got exciting new projects in the works…so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
And that is where you come in!
We need you to lead the charge in the development, direction, and execution of the organization’s marketing, sales, and advertising initiatives.
Who You’ll Work With
This is a full-time role that reports directly to our Director of Operations. You’ll work cross functionally with our teams in Delivery and Systems.
We are looking for someone that is outcome-based and data-driven, who also has dreams of long term growth with Hello Seven. This is a remote, work-from-home position with occasional travel to our main office in Greensboro, NC.
This position will also require flexibility including working some occasional evenings and weekends. We run several live events per year that may require your in-person assistance.
Who We Are
Our mission is to empower women-owned businesses, Black-owned businesses, queer-owned businesses and other entrepreneurs from communities that have been margialized to make $1m in revenue and build wealth. Getting to $1M+ in revenue isn’t just a financial bragging point—it’s a benchmark that allows them to make a difference in their lives, their communities and the world. We do this by delivering top-notch executive coaching in the form of coaching programs, live and virtual events, a podcast, a newsletter, and online-based communities. We have a growing audience of 50,000 women entrepreneurs and are on a mission to serve as many women as possible.
How We Promote Equity, Cultivate Leaders, and Grow, Together.
Diversity boils down to curiosity — it is the antithesis of boredom.
Dr. Anna Powers
Hello Seven is a lot of things, but boring is not one of them. We are dedicated to a culture where everyone can show up to work as their full, authentic selves.
Diversity and inclusion doesn’t happen by accident or happenstance, it is by design. Together, we are the designers. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our business stronger—we care about including diverse perspectives and experiences throughout every level of Hello Seven. When we say, “we should all be millionaires,” we mean ALL of us. This is why we are committed to honoring, celebrating, and fostering diversity and inclusion on our team, in our clientele and within our community. Our team must reflect our community. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion and abilities.
We take responsibility for the community we are creating with Hello Seven, and we are here to contribute to the progression of our society to a more inclusive and equitable one.
What We Believe In
We’re committed to growth mindset.
We challenge our limiting beliefs, biases, prejudices, and habits to create the world we want to live in.
Personal responsibility is paramount.
We are brave enough to admit when we’re wrong or when we’ve made mistakes and take the initiative to correct the issue. We are here to own our individual part in all co-created messes AND miracles.
Simplicity sustainably scales.
We seek the solution that is as easy as possible to execute AND gets the biggest result. Let it be easy and be willing to do the work that creates ease. Work hard once, then tweak and repeat.
Momentum depends on process.
Clear process simplifies every task, and when a process doesn’t yet exist, we know creating it will move us more quickly toward our goals.
Our success is measured by the success we create for others.
When our team members and clients are successful, so, too, are we.
The more fun we have the more money we make.
Changing the world and making money can both be joyful pursuits. We know when we’re having fun and we’re aligned as a team, creating impact and having success come easily.
This position is responsible for leading the charge in the development, direction, and execution of the organization’s marketing, sales, and advertising initiatives. This includes analyzing market research and designing marketing plans for specific offerings and objectives (currently The Club and book sales).
- Conceptualize visuals based on rReview changes in the market and recommend marketing strategy to leadership to respond to challenges and stay current with latest market trends.
- Brainstorm marketing strategies and solutions with our team of creatives and make recommendations to the leadership team for projects we take on.
- Manage employees on the Marketing Team, leading the team to meeting lead generation, conversion, revenue and any public-facing company goals.
- Plan and lead the marketing department’s initiatives.
- Constantly evaluate all marketing campaigns and data to determine effectiveness and determine if changes need to be made.
- Lead our team of creatives in brainstorming fresh ideas for our various marketing channels and campaigns.
- Podcast reach and growth planning.
- Maximize speaking events and opportunities to position potential audiences towards becoming future clients.
- Drive all marketing initiatives forward.
- Review and provide feedback on the content created for all platforms by our copywriters, designers, and Marketing Assistant to ensure it is on-brand.
- Promote conversations about changes that need to be made, tracking, updates, shifts in market trends/ techniques, etc.
- Ensure we have a consistent brand across all marketing efforts.
- Directly responsible for the development of marketing strategies for all launches, flash sales, and other revenue-generating events including:
- Timeline for launches and creation of launch calendar
- Cohesive Launch and sales support across all marketing channels (emails, website, social media, advertising, podcast, etc)
- Review tracking and reporting for the source of all leads and evaluate effectiveness, recommending changes in budget, platform, or messaging if needed.
- Review conversion data and determine the most effective campaigns to scale, presenting scaling options available.
- Consistently reviewing reporting of:
- Cost per lead
- Cost per acquisition
- Cost per conversion
- ROMI- return on marketing investment
- Quality of leads as a fit for potential paying customer
- Collaborate with the Program Director on program content, bonuses, and marketing content needs. Lead them from idea to execution.
- Work to ensure the entire marketing team is working towards the same goals— promoting the mission and values of Hello Seven.
- Constantly learn from and look ahead to future marketing initiatives, respond to technology and market advancements, prep the company to respond to market shifts and changes.
- Hold and prioritize multiple company calls to action, ensuring each has supporting funnels, team attention, and monitor as needed.
- Meets regularly (in person) with the CEO to plan and develop forward-looking marketing initiatives (with some travel required).
- We have clear and consistent communication with our marketing team.
- We are marketing to our ideal avatar in a way that is consistent, on-brand and converting.
- All marketing campaigns and initiatives are proactive (rather than reactive).
- We respond in real time to how marketing initiatives are playing out to ensure our goals are met.
- We have clear marketing plans, systems, processes and KPIs that are being followed.
- We have a clear understanding of how each marketing campaign is working, its results, and how well it is being optimized.
- Our marketing is creative and fun, our team has fun executing it and clients are educated and entertained by it.
- Market trends are constantly being reviewed and reported on so we can ensure we are always putting out the most effective marketing efforts.
- Revenue goals and targets are reviewed, reported on, and met on a consistent basis.
- 10+ years of marketing experience with a proven track record.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Marketing Director role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interested in and able to research market trends.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Data-driven and outcome-based.
- Good understanding of a/b testing.
- Can understand social platforms and copy.
- Experience with new technology (bots, funnels, social media advertising, etc).
- Understanding of G Suite, CRM, and WordPress.
- Enjoys coordinating and working with a team to collaborate.
- A quiet home work environment, including:
- A computer
- Cell phone
- High-speed internet
Why This Job is Awesome
Working with Hello Seven is the exact opposite of being a corporate drone stuck in a cubicle. When you work with us, you’ll get:
- Experience in a fast-growing company where things change daily, new ideas come to life in a matter of weeks and everybody is fully invested, every single day.
- The chance to stretch professionally. If there is a skillset or topic you’re interested in, this is the place to learn and challenge yourself.
- Your voice heard! Every one of our team members has the chance to give input, create value and make a big impact on the future of our company.
- A team behind you that is cheerleading you, supporting you, guiding you and championing you.
- Do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool…
- We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Base salary $100k+ commensurate with experience
- Monthly profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
If you’ve read through this description and you think this may be the right fit for you – now it’s time to take action and apply!
WWe’re accepting applications through October 31, 2021 (keep in mind we will begin interviewing potential candidates immediately so we highly recommend applying as soon as possible).