We’re hiring an Executive Assistant who can help us more effectively manage our President's day-to-day, making her life much easier, which will help the whole team focus on our mission as a company. That mission is to help historically and systemically marginalized people who want to make more money. We provide executive coaching that challenges societal constraints, an empowering community, and strategic, wealth-building education. The change we want to make is a more balanced distribution of the world’s economic and political power. We will know we are successful when:
- We are the standard for business training and
- 100% of our clients who have worked with us for 12 months have begun creating the foundations for a sustainable company, and they've increased their income by 30% or more.
We believe we should all be millionaires, and we've got exciting new projects in the works… so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
And that is where you come in!
We need you to bring your organizational savvy, attention to detail, and both experience with and commitment to nurturing and supporting a high-level and incredibly scheduled creator and executive. We need you to step into the processes and systems we’ve created to manage our President’s calendar, logistics, travel, and inbox and bring your own genius. How can you help make her life easier, protect her time, and reduce the fluff from her to-do list? We have amazing opportunities begging to be taken, but we’re missing the support that will allow her to show up primed, prepped, and poppin’. Can you keep unnecessary items off her plate, prioritize her to-do list, and turn tactical assignments into documented processes that can be handed off? We want someone who’s available, highly skilled, and passionate about supporting our President.
Who You’ll Work With
This is a full-time role that reports directly to our President. You’ll work closely with our President and our Operations team.
We are looking for someone who has experience as a high-level executive assistant and also has dreams of long-term growth with Hello Seven. You must be based near Baton Rouge, LA, or willing to relocate.
This position will also require flexibility including working some occasional evenings and weekends. We run several live events per year that may require your in-person assistance.
Who We Are
Our mission is to empower women-owned businesses, Black-owned businesses, queer-owned businesses, and other entrepreneurs from communities that have been marginalized to make $1m in revenue and build wealth. Getting to $1M+ in revenue isn’t just a financial bragging point—it’s a benchmark that allows them to make a difference in their lives, their communities, and the world. We do this by delivering top-notch executive coaching in the form of coaching programs, live and virtual events, a podcast, a newsletter, and online-based communities. We have a growing audience of 50,000 women entrepreneurs and are on a mission to serve as many women as possible.
How We Promote Equity, Cultivate Leaders, and Grow, Together.
Diversity boils down to curiosity — it is the antithesis of boredom.
Dr. Anna Powers
Hello Seven is a lot of things, but boring is not one of them. We are dedicated to a culture where everyone can show up to work as their full, authentic selves.
Diversity and inclusion doesn’t happen by accident or happenstance, it is by design. Together, we are the designers. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our business stronger—we care about including diverse perspectives and experiences throughout every level of Hello Seven. When we say, “we should all be millionaires,” we mean ALL of us. This is why we are committed to honoring, celebrating, and fostering diversity and inclusion on our team, in our clientele, and within our community. Our team must reflect our community. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion, and abilities.
We take responsibility for the community we are creating with Hello Seven, and we are here to contribute to the progression of our society to a more inclusive and equitable one.
What We Believe In
We’re committed to growth mindset.
We challenge our limiting beliefs, biases, prejudices, and habits to create the world we want to live in.
Personal responsibility is paramount.
We are brave enough to admit when we’re wrong or when we’ve made mistakes and take the initiative to correct the issue. We are here to own our individual part in all co-created messes AND miracles.
Simplicity sustainably scales.
We seek the solution that is as easy as possible to execute AND gets the biggest result. Let it be easy and be willing to do the work that creates ease. Work hard once, then tweak and repeat.
Momentum depends on process.
Clear process simplifies every task, and when a process doesn’t yet exist, we know creating it will move us more quickly toward our goals.
Our success is measured by the success we create for others.
When our team members and clients are successful, so, too, are we.
The more fun we have the more money we make.
Changing the world and making money can both be joyful pursuits. We know when we’re having fun and we’re aligned as a team, creating impact and having success come easily.
The Executive Assistant will be the essential gatekeeper for our President by protecting her time, energy, and efforts, ensuring the executive is set up for success in her day-to-day by decreasing pressure and noise. The EA will be responsible for creating transparency and efficiency in processes like calendar planning, communication organization, email correspondence, and travel planning. This role will also be involved in the operational vision of our organization.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Scheduling and assisting the President in maximizing efficiencies in her days through calendar management.
- Protecting calendars and creating efficiencies and processes around how to schedule and why to ensure the President is spending her best use of time.
- Help create processes in the President’s personal life.
- Document President’s personal preferences.
- Handling calls and emails.
- Creating a system for addressing important emails and what needs additional support.
- Creating efficiencies in managing and storing emails and addressing important items.
- Booking travel.
- Creating processes and documents around how to book travel/ preferences.
- Developing a system for managing all important information related to travel (ex. Hotels, seat preference, traveler number, rental car).
- Managing the President’s calendar.
- Scheduling meetings.
- Proofing the calendar weekly (verifying meetings, verifying time, checking links,etc.).
- Ordering gifts/flowers.
- Making purchases as needed.
- Documenting President’s business preferences.
- Attending calls with the President, taking notes, and determining action items from the call.
- Looking for areas of opportunity to make the President’s life easier and take things off her plate.
- Reviewing President time studies, suggesting efficiencies, and identifying items to take over from the President.
- Learning the preferences and way of thinking of the President.
- Understanding President’s triggers, through process and opinions.
- Understanding the limitations of the President and developing solutions around those limitations.
- Acting as a sounding board for the President.
- This job description is not all-inclusive and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.
We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do, but to give you an idea of your daily work here at Hello Seven.
- The President feels supported—she knows when to be where what she needs to do in order to be successful and is never overscheduled.
- The team has a consistent and predictable experience with the President and the President with the team.
- Dramatically decrease calendar cancellations that are caused by process or follow-up issues.
- The President is able to focus on strategic efforts, rather than tactical.
- Make suggestions then work with the team to implement corrections to gaps in the department.
- Your primary responsibility will be to show up 100% and be fully present and handle every aspect of the President’s needs.
As we’re looking for an ideal fit, our new Executive Assistant will likely possess what we’ve listed below:
- 2+ years in an executive assistant capacity (experience working with C-suite is a bonus).
- High-level communication skills.
- Emotionally self-regulates even during times of pressure and stress to be present for the team and the President.
- Able to consistently understand the intent and vision of the President, work as a sounding board for the President.
- Ability to set goals and develop achievable timelines to hit them.
- Highly developed self-awareness and leadership skills.
- You will work to decrease the pressure for the President and be her gatekeeper.
- You don’t have a problem handling personal tasks.
- Ability to travel with the President, as needed.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Delivers well ahead of deadlines.
- Computer proficiency.
- You’re a problem solver and think ahead to ensure any challenges don’t greatly impact project progress or outcomes.
Why This Job is Awesome
Working with Hello Seven is the exact opposite of being a corporate drone stuck in a cubicle. When you work with us, you’ll get:
- Experience in a fast-growing company where things change daily, new ideas come to life in a matter of weeks and everybody is fully invested, every single day.
- The chance to stretch professionally. If there is a skill set or topic you’re interested in, this is the place to learn and challenge yourself.
- Your voice is heard! Every one of our team members has the chance to give input, create value and make a big impact on the future of our company.
- A team behind you that is cheerleading you, supporting you, guiding you and championing you.
- Do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool…
- We offer a competitive base salary package including:
- Monthly profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
If you’ve read through this description and you think this may be the right fit for you – now it’s time to take action and apply!
We’re accepting applications (keep in mind we will begin interviewing potential candidates immediately so we highly recommend applying as soon as possible).