Director of Sales
We’re hiring a Director of Sales who can help us more effectively accomplish our mission as a company. That mission is to help historically and systemically marginalized people who want to make more money. We provide executive coaching that challenges societal constraints, an empowering community, and strategic, wealth-building education. The change we want to make is a more balanced distribution of the world’s economic and political power. We will know we are successful when:
- We are the standard for business training and
- 100% of our clients who have worked with us for 12 months have begun creating the foundations for a sustainable company, and they've increased their income by 30% or more.
We believe we should all be millionaires, and we've got exciting new projects in the works… so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
And that is where you come in!
We need you to lead the charge in the development, direction, and execution of the organization’s sales initiatives.
Who You’ll Work With
This is a full-time role that reports directly to our Chief of Staff. You’ll work closely with our teams in Marketing and Programs to achieve our sales goals.
We are looking for someone who is outcome-based, data-driven, has at least a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Director of Sales role, and also has dreams of long-term growth with Hello Seven. This is a remote, work-from-home position with occasional travel.
This position will also require flexibility including working some occasional evenings and weekends. We run several live events per year that may require your in-person assistance.
Who We Are
Our mission is to empower women-owned businesses, Black-owned businesses, queer-owned businesses, and other entrepreneurs from communities that have been marginalized to make $1m in revenue and build wealth. Getting to $1M+ in revenue isn’t just a financial bragging point—it’s a benchmark that allows them to make a difference in their lives, their communities, and the world. We do this by delivering top-notch executive coaching in the form of coaching programs, live and virtual events, a podcast, a newsletter, and online-based communities. We have a growing audience of 50,000 women entrepreneurs and are on a mission to serve as many women as possible.
How We Promote Equity, Cultivate Leaders, and Grow, Together.
Diversity boils down to curiosity — it is the antithesis of boredom.
Dr. Anna Powers
Hello Seven is a lot of things, but boring is not one of them. We are dedicated to a culture where everyone can show up to work as their full, authentic selves.
Diversity and inclusion doesn’t happen by accident or happenstance, it is by design. Together, we are the designers. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our business stronger—we care about including diverse perspectives and experiences throughout every level of Hello Seven. When we say, “we should all be millionaires,” we mean ALL of us. This is why we are committed to honoring, celebrating, and fostering diversity and inclusion on our team, in our clientele, and within our community. Our team must reflect our community. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion, and abilities.
We take responsibility for the community we are creating with Hello Seven, and we are here to contribute to the progression of our society to a more inclusive and equitable one.
What We Believe In
We’re committed to growth mindset.
We challenge our limiting beliefs, biases, prejudices, and habits to create the world we want to live in.
Personal responsibility is paramount.
We are brave enough to admit when we’re wrong or when we’ve made mistakes and take the initiative to correct the issue. We are here to own our individual part in all co-created messes AND miracles.
Simplicity sustainably scales.
We seek the solution that is as easy as possible to execute AND gets the biggest result. Let it be easy and be willing to do the work that creates ease. Work hard once, then tweak and repeat.
Momentum depends on process.
Clear process simplifies every task, and when a process doesn’t yet exist, we know creating it will move us more quickly toward our goals.
Our success is measured by the success we create for others.
When our team members and clients are successful, so, too, are we.
The more fun we have the more money we make.
Changing the world and making money can both be joyful pursuits. We know when we’re having fun and we’re aligned as a team, creating impact and having success come easily.
The Director of Sales is responsible for designing strategies to meet sales targets, increase company profit while developing and cultivating relationships with clients. This position is responsible for the front-end sales of Hello Seven coaching and products, bringing in new clients that fit our ideal avatar, keeping track of the sales pipeline and sales metrics, and holding sales calls with Club members and strategizing and implementing initiatives to upgrade members through our customer journey. Working cross functionally with the Programs team to hold sales strategy sessions in The Club and with the Marketing team to assist in the creation of processes to improve and grow sales.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Fully understand Hello Seven’s business strategy, products, and our unique mission.
- Meets regularly (in person) with the President, CEO, and Chief Of Staff, as needed, to plan and develop forward-looking sales initiatives and assess the company's performance (with travel required).
- Evaluates the sales needs; as well as the business goals of Hello Seven.
- Strategizes, develops plans, leads, and executes Hello Seven’s sales objectives according to our strategic plan and flywheel
- Achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Builds, leads, develops, and guides the sales department, ensuring that they remain aligned with company direction, vision, and mission and execute accordingly.
- Constantly learns from and looks ahead to future sales initiatives.
- Responds to technology and sales advancements and prepares the company to respond to sales shifts and changes.
- Draft detailed and accurate sales reports to share with executive leadership.
- Work with the Hello Seven clients to better understand their business needs and goals.
- Cultivate relationships with Hello seven clients to grow loyalty
- Establish sales processes and playbook.
- Develop and promote quarterly sales objectives.
- Onboard all sales team members using our team onboarding plan.
- Establish a sales training plan for new members of the sales team.
- Fully understand our Customer Journey, from first exposure (from marketing and sales) and into an active paid user (through onboarding and their full experience).
- Estimating sales volume and profit for current and new offers
- Collaborate with the marketing team on marketing promotions and offers
- Representing Hello Seven at conferences such as ROI and leading the sales team in making in-person sales
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Revenue goals and targets are reviewed, reported on, and met on a consistent basis.
- Sales and marketing teams are aligned and working together smoothly.
- Sales to marketing to program delivery is smooth for our team and customers.
- We have clear and consistent communication with our sales team.
- We have clear sales plans, systems, processes, and KPIs that are being followed.
- We have a clear understanding of how each sales campaign is working, its results, and how well it is being optimized.
As we’re looking for an ideal fit, our new Director of Sales will likely possess what we’ve listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Director of Sales role.
- In-depth knowledge of sales techniques and best practices.
- Comparable record of sales leadership experience required.
- Capacity to manage various projects and work to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish and meet sales goals.
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excels at time management, planning, and processes, and the ability to adapt to change.
- Computer proficiency.
- You’re a problem solver and think ahead to ensure any challenges don’t greatly impact project progress or outcomes.
- You love operating in a fast moving environment and adhere to deadlines while producing high quality work each and every time.
- Passion for working with others (being collaborative) and helping our team members grow and learn.
- A quiet home work environment, including:
- A computer
- Cell phone
- High-speed internet
Why This Job is Awesome
Working with Hello Seven is the exact opposite of being a corporate drone stuck in a cubicle. When you work with us, you’ll get:
- Experience in a fast-growing company where things change daily, new ideas come to life in a matter of weeks and everybody is fully invested, every single day.
- The chance to stretch professionally. If there is a skill set or topic you’re interested in, this is the place to learn and challenge yourself.
- Your voice is heard! Every one of our team members has the chance to give input, create value and make a big impact on the future of our company.
- A team behind you that is cheerleading you, supporting you, guiding you and championing you.
- Do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool…
- We offer a competitive base salary package including:
- Monthly profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
If you’ve read through this description and you think this may be the right fit for you – now it’s time to take action and apply!
We’re accepting applications (keep in mind we will begin interviewing potential candidates immediately so we highly recommend applying as soon as possible).