CORPORATE EVENT PLANNER
We’re hiring a Corporate Event Planner who can help us more effectively accomplish our mission as a company. That mission is to help historically and systemically marginalized people who want to make more money. We provide executive coaching that challenges societal constraints, an empowering community, and strategic, wealth-building education. The change we want to make is a more balanced distribution of the world’s economic and political power. We will know we are successful when:
- We are the standard for business training and
- 100% of our clients who have worked with us for 12 months have begun creating the foundations for a sustainable company, and they've increased their income by 30% or more.
We believe we should all be millionaires, and we've got exciting new projects in the works…so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
And that is where you come in!
We need you to bring your creative and organizational event planning genius to help us
plan and execute a wide range of unforgettable upscale events for Hello Seven. Our ideal candidate is organized, communicative, skilled, and detail oriented.
Who You’ll Work With
This is a contract role that reports directly to our Director of Programs. You’ll also work closely with our Programs Team to coordinate all events.
This is a hybrid position that is based in Greensboro, NC in order to coordinate easily with our main office, but also requires online communication with our remote Programs team.
This position will also require flexibility including working some occasional evenings and weekends. We run several live events per year that may require your in-person assistance.
Who We Are
Our mission is to empower women-owned businesses, Black-owned businesses, queer-owned businesses and other entrepreneurs from communities that have been marginalized to make $1m in revenue and build wealth. Getting to $1M+ in revenue isn’t just a financial bragging point—it’s a benchmark that allows them to make a difference in their lives, their communities and the world. We do this by delivering top-notch executive coaching in the form of coaching programs, live and virtual events, a podcast, a newsletter, and online-based communities. We have a growing audience of 50,000 women entrepreneurs and are on a mission to serve as many women as possible.
How We Promote Equity, Cultivate Leaders, and Grow, Together.
Diversity boils down to curiosity — it is the antithesis of boredom.
Dr. Anna Powers
Hello Seven is a lot of things, but boring is not one of them. We are dedicated to a culture where everyone can show up to work as their full, authentic selves.
Diversity and inclusion doesn’t happen by accident or happenstance, it is by design. Together, we are the designers. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our business stronger—we care about including diverse perspectives and experiences throughout every level of Hello Seven. When we say, “we should all be millionaires,” we mean ALL of us. This is why we are committed to honoring, celebrating, and fostering diversity and inclusion on our team, in our clientele and within our community. Our team must reflect our community. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion and abilities.
We take responsibility for the community we are creating with Hello Seven, and we are here to contribute to the progression of our society to a more inclusive and equitable one.
What We Believe In
We’re committed to growth mindset.
We challenge our limiting beliefs, biases, prejudices, and habits to create the world we want to live in.
Personal responsibility is paramount.
We are brave enough to admit when we’re wrong or when we’ve made mistakes and take the initiative to correct the issue. We are here to own our individual part in all co-created messes AND miracles.
Simplicity sustainably scales.
We seek the solution that is as easy as possible to execute AND gets the biggest result. Let it be easy and be willing to do the work that creates ease. Work hard once, then tweak and repeat.
Momentum depends on process.
Clear process simplifies every task, and when a process doesn’t yet exist, we know creating it will move us more quickly toward our goals.
Our success is measured by the success we create for others.
When our team members and clients are successful, so, too, are we.
The more fun we have the more money we make.
Changing the world and making money can both be joyful pursuits. We know when we’re having fun and we’re aligned as a team, creating impact and having success come easily.
The Corporate Event Planner will help us execute a wide range of unforgettable upscale events that generate brand awareness, increase status and prestige across industries, build business relationships, celebrate clients, and boost employee morale. You will be responsible for conceptualizing ideas for the events, creating and enforcing budgets, handling and overseeing all event logistics, liaising with vendors, communicating with clients, and ultimately ensuring that each event is flawlessly executed. This role must have a keen awareness of diversity and inclusivity and must use that as a barometer when planning events on behalf of the company.
- Identify requirements and expectations for each event.
- Contract oversight, negotiate the best possible rates and terms.
- Brainstorm and implement event concepts and themes.
- Prepare event budgets and process invoices to finance.
- Research and book venues.
- Organize suppliers, caterers, staff, and entertainment.
- Coordinate all logistical elements of the event.
- Manage set-up, tear-down, and clean-up operations.
- Manage event staff.
- Anticipate attendee needs and potential risks.
- Plan and execute pre-event marketing.
- Develop post-event reports on the effectiveness of each event.
- Budgets are always adhered to.
- Vendors are always paid on time.
- Relationships with vendors and venues are established.
- All events adhere to the vision, mission, and values of the company.
- Post-event reports are generated on time.
- All guests feel excited and inspired pre and post events.
- Event communication is clear and efficient.
- 3+ years of experience in an event planner capacity with a proven track record of successful events.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask under pressure.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solution oriented.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to lead a team and delegate tasks effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Financial savvy, with the ability to adhere to plan budgets.
- Having good knowledge of geographical locations and their main attractions.
If you’ve read through this description and you think this may be the right fit for you – now it’s time to take action and apply!