We’re hiring a Controller who can help us more effectively accomplish our mission as a company. That mission is to help historically and systemically marginalized people who want to make more money. We provide executive coaching that challenges societal constraints, an empowering community, and strategic, wealth-building education. The change we want to make is a more balanced distribution of the world’s economic and political power. We will know we are successful when:
- We are the standard for business training and
- 100% of our clients who have worked with us for 12 months have begun creating the foundations for a sustainable company, and they've increased their income by 30% or more.
We believe we should all be millionaires, and we've got exciting new projects in the works… so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
And that is where you come in!
We need you to bring your genius and creativity in finance to help us generate more value for the company while helping us set and achieve our goals.
Who You’ll Work With
This is a full time role that reports directly to our Chief Financial Officer (CFO). You’ll work with the CFO and the executive team.
We are looking for someone who has a high level of communication, strong decision-making skills, is passionate about reaching our goals, and also has dreams of long term growth with Hello Seven. This position is in person at our main office in Greensboro, NC.
This position will also require flexibility including working some occasional evenings and weekends. We run several live events per year that may require your in-person assistance.
Who We Are
Our mission is to empower women-owned businesses, Black-owned businesses, queer-owned businesses and other entrepreneurs from communities that have been marginalized to make $1m in revenue and build wealth. Getting to $1M+ in revenue isn’t just a financial bragging point—it’s a benchmark that allows them to make a difference in their lives, their communities and the world. We do this by delivering top-notch executive coaching in the form of coaching programs, live and virtual events, a podcast, a newsletter, and online-based communities. We have a growing audience of 50,000 women entrepreneurs and are on a mission to serve as many women as possible.
How We Promote Equity, Cultivate Leaders, and Grow, Together.
Diversity boils down to curiosity — it is the antithesis of boredom.
Dr. Anna Powers
Hello Seven is a lot of things, but boring is not one of them. We are dedicated to a culture where everyone can show up to work as their full, authentic selves.
Diversity and inclusion doesn’t happen by accident or happenstance, it is by design. Together, we are the designers. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes our business stronger—we care about including diverse perspectives and experiences throughout every level of Hello Seven. When we say, “we should all be millionaires,” we mean ALL of us. This is why we are committed to honoring, celebrating, and fostering diversity and inclusion on our team, in our clientele and within our community. Our team must reflect our community. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion and abilities.
We take responsibility for the community we are creating with Hello Seven, and we are here to contribute to the progression of our society to a more inclusive and equitable one.
What We Believe In
We’re committed to growth mindset.
We challenge our limiting beliefs, biases, prejudices, and habits to create the world we want to live in.
Personal responsibility is paramount.
We are brave enough to admit when we’re wrong or when we’ve made mistakes and take the initiative to correct the issue. We are here to own our individual part in all co-created messes AND miracles.
Simplicity sustainably scales.
We seek the solution that is as easy as possible to execute AND gets the biggest result. Let it be easy and be willing to do the work that creates ease. Work hard once, then tweak and repeat.
Momentum depends on process.
Clear process simplifies every task, and when a process doesn’t yet exist, we know creating it will move us more quickly toward our goals.
Our success is measured by the success we create for others.
When our team members and clients are successful, so, too, are we.
The more fun we have the more money we make.
Changing the world and making money can both be joyful pursuits. We know when we’re having fun and we’re aligned as a team, creating impact and having success come easily.
The Controller is responsible for the financial foundation of Rodgers Collective Inc.—including Hello Seven, the Hello Seven Foundation, and Rodgers Ranch—and making strategic recommendations to the CFO and executive team. This is more than a number-cruncher stereotype—the controller is a creative and strategic role that manages the vision and implementation of finance to create more value for the company, including tracking cash flow and financial planning as well as analyzing the company's financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing corrective actions.
- Analyze monthly profit and loss statements and monitor the budget for trends, variances, and deficiencies.
- Run a monthly reporting session with the CFO, CEO, and COO to outline revenue, expenses, gross profit, profit sharing, and adjustments to the budget and forecast.
- Oversee all department’s proposed budget use; meet with department heads to review budget expenses and forecast expenses for the remainder of the year.
- Along with CFO and COO, approve departmental expenses, and lead the planning and implementation of departmental budgets
- Set the financial strategy for managing company finances and approve major expenses.
- Set up and issue Payroll for Hello Seven and Rodgers Ranch.
- Supervise accounting and bookkeeping staff to ensure we have up-to-date and accurate bookkeeping.
- Manage tax filings and pay taxes
- Review invoices and pay the business bills
- Calculating and distributing team profit sharing
- The foundation of our company, accounting, finance, taxes, and legal are up-to-date and accurate.
- Our business accounts are well maintained with sufficient savings and operational funds.
- Company expenses are in lockstep with, but never exceed, our revenue. Profit margins are at least 45%.
- Departmental budgets are forecasted and projected and, by 2023, the leadership team owns and manages their own departmental budgets.
As we’re looking for an ideal fit, our new Controller will likely possess what we’ve listed below:
- High-level communication skills
- Emotionally self-regulates even during times of pressure and stress to be present for the team.
- Able to consistently understand the intent and vision of the CFO.
- Ability to set goals and develop achievable timelines to hit them.
- Highly developed self-awareness and leadership skills
- Ability to assess company based on data
- 4+ years accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or other related fields (or equivalent experience).
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload of self and others.
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong manager of teams.
- Strong analytical skills, and attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Proven ability to lead & influence others.
- Critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees.
- Operate in a fast-moving environment and adhere to deadlines while producing high-quality work each and every time.
- Be able to work autonomously and stay focused on the job at hand.
- Passion for working with others (being collaborative) and helping our team members grow and learn.
- Ability to handle, direct and provide straight-forward feedback.
Why This Job is Awesome
Working with Hello Seven is the exact opposite of being a corporate drone stuck in a cubicle. When you work with us, you’ll get:
- Experience in a fast-growing company where things change daily, new ideas come to life in a matter of weeks and everybody is fully invested, every single day.
- The chance to stretch professionally. If there is a skill set or topic you’re interested in, this is the place to learn and challenge yourself.
- Your voice is heard! Every one of our team members has the chance to give input, create value and make a big impact on the future of our company.
- A team behind you that is cheerleading you, supporting you, guiding you and championing you.
- Do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool…
- We offer a competitive base salary package including:
- Monthly profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
If you’ve read through this description and you think this may be the right fit for you – now it’s time to take action and apply!
We’re accepting applications (keep in mind we will begin interviewing potential candidates immediately so we highly recommend applying as soon as possible).